Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monthly Ticker

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Impossible Made Possible!!


Growing up, I have been a fan of reading. It's one of my favorite pastimes. You can imagine my shock when Jeth told me that he had only read ONE book his entire life!! I made it a goal to show him how great books can be. When I told this to his family, they laughed and told me good luck. Well, we started on the tried and true Harry Potter. I would read to him in the car while we were driving. He learned to love that. We have since gone through many books together. One particular author stuck out more to him: Terry Brooks. We read the Sword of Shannara together. He decided to read another book by Terry Brooks on his own. For his birthday I got him the next book in the Shannara series: The Elfstones of Shannara. He has diligently plucked away at a book that hits close to 600 pages. Then the night of June 11, 2009 he finished. HE FINISHED!!!! I am so proud of him. He's pretty excited, but it's kind of surreal to him right now. We decided to celebrate. . . so we rented a movie. I have to admit that is slightly ridiculous. But it doesn't change how much he has accomplished. He has now read two books. . . in his entire life. . . Rock on babe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment